If you have a website for your business, you might have already heard about SEM. Well, what is search engine marketing or in short SEM? This is an umbrella term that is used to refer the procedure of driving traffic and obtaining visibility from the top search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo through paid and free ads, and the organic listing. The paid SEM is the pay-per-click and the cost-per-click ads. For examle if you are looking for a high quality SEO marketing services contact Superbsys Vancouver SEO company.
SERP: What is that?
Well, many times while learning or doing search engine marketing you will come across this term. SERP is search engine result page, and it is that page which is served by the user when they made a query in the search engine. The SERPs contain two types of contents, the organic SEO, and the paid SEM. If you think what the popular search engines are then, the first one that comes to my mind is Google. Then there are Bing, Baidu, Yandex and many others. Among all these, we mostly use the magic wand Google to get our information in a fraction of a second.
What are things that you need to know about SEM?
Well, like I already mentioned there are two parts of search engine marketing. One is the paid, and the other is free.
The paid one comes with:
- Search ads like the Bind Ads or AdWords
- The shopping ads or the listing ads
- The banners and visual display ads
- The mobile ads
- The ads from the social media like the Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- Remarketing and retargeting
- The in-app ads
And the free one comes with
- The on-page SEO suppose the social proof, UX, informational architecture, content creation, keywords, social media integration, etc.
- Off-page SEO like the XML sitemaps, link building, etc.
- Violations and guidelines
So, these are the things that come with good and effective search engine marketing. The information that a user search on the search engine can be divided into three main categories:
- Informational: this has very less commercial intentions, and the user looks for more information about a certain topic.
- Navigation: Though this, the user tries to locate the website which URL he or she has already forgotten. This also included the same navigational objectives as well.
- Transactional: While doing this, the user searches with high commercial intent as he already wants to purchase through the website. The transactional search engine result pages are the ones that feature the paid advertisements.
These are small things that you need to know about SEM. The best local search engine marketing agency teaches us to grab the attention of the users through the paid and free ads. The search engine optimization is a part of SEM. You need to do SEO or search engine optimization to make your SEM a success. Without SEO, your website will not rank higher in the SERPs, and it will be of no use to the business owner.